- I'm the oldest of five siblings, married to the oldest of five siblings. We each have 3 sisters and 1 brother.
- In 1974, I and my four sisters turned our birthdate age on our birthdays. I was 18 on January 18. Annette was 9 on July 9. Sissel was 7 on November 7. Kim was 3 on May 3.
- I didn't knit for 40 years after I taught myself to do it. Then I took it up and started designing stuff.
- I used to teach puppy kindergarten.
- I used to be a part time court reporter in a law firm.
- I once shared a table in a Japanese restaurant with the now deceased actor, Jim Varney. I once sat on an airplane next to actress Gina Hecht. I waited at a Chicago street corner once for a light change next to David Morse and his dog.
- I can't stand yard sales. They give me the creeps.
- My family are 3-generation funeral directors. My mother and grandmother are both licensed directors, as is my brother, and as were my father and grandfather.