Monday, April 21, 2008

Whistle Bait Socks . . .

My latest sock design is now up on my website and at Ravelry. Whistle Bait is knit from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock lightweight in the Thraven colorway. The pattern is sized for Ladies S, M, and L and combines nice texture with visual interest, an eye of partridge heel flap, and a nifty picot cuff. The pattern is written for top-to-toe construction and calls for 2.25 mm needles. Gauge is 8 stitches per inch and 11 rows per inch in stockinette stitch.

Thanks once again to Meg Converse for testknitting the pattern and the sample sock for me.















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How did you come up with the name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer! I was looking for a synonym for sexy and found "whistle bait", which brought to my mind a sexy woman walking down the street and capturing whistles from all the constructions workers. Therefore, she was the whistle bait. ;-)

    ReplyDelete