Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I got no WIPs, I got no UFOs

I got no projects on my needles at all. Not a needle in the house with any yarn on it. Can you believe it? I just finished my Adamas Shoulder Shawl/Scarf . . . a downsized and modified version of the original triangular version. It's blocking and I'll post a photo of it when it's finished.

I ended up frogging 3 long-neglected projects . . . all scarves. I don't like knitting scarves and I don't know why I always think it's such a good idea to start one. So, there aren't any languishing in bags any more. I keep having to tell Clapotis to shut up every time it begs me to cast on . . . it's just too much like a scarf and I'm afraid I wouldn't ever get it finished either.

It feels good to start a new year with nothing hanging over and the vast potential of fresh projects laid out before me. I've made a list of some of the things I want to make this year. Two things I'll be starting soon are Amused and the Mystic Star circular shawl KAL.

I finished my Curve of Pursuit Blanket this week as well, and over the holidays completed Vaila from Twist Collective. Here they are --



Vaila Completed

Oh yeah, and I also did a little shrug . . . a modifed version of One Skein Wonder, adding some 3/4 length sleeves. This is fantastic for wearing around the house on these very cold days we're having this winter.

One Skein Wonder Shrug - modified

So, off to finish up blocking Adamas and browse through the latest Verena magazine.

2 comments:

  1. The curve of pursuit looks fun--more interesting than OpArt, which I just finished. And I do love that shrug. I have done so many little projects for myself and as gifts based on that simple starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no WIPs or UFOs? I bow down to you. It has been my dream to get there.

    lovely shrug. Like the long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete